Eli and I went to the Draper Temple Dedication Ceremony last Sunday. We carpooled down with another young couple in the ward. We don't know them really well yet, we're basically just acquaintances. Anyway, we had a somewhat lengthy wait before the ceremony and were asked to wait in the chapel of the church adjacent to the temple. None of us were too excited about the hour long wait on the hard chairs but we made the most of it. The guy from the couple we carpooled with jokingly said, "I'm glad I brought my sack lunch" and I said "Oh! I get your ding dong!" It felt a little awkward after I said it out loud. Then Eli confirmed the awkwardness by saying, "That was inappropriate." To which I busted up laughing and the guy gave a sheepish smile and tried to ignore us. In my defense... I was just thinking to myself that dessert was always my favorite thing in my sack lunch and my mom would usually give us ding dongs, twinkies or cupcakes. So I just shouted out the first thing that came to my mind! I get your ding-dong!
PICKLE!
12 years ago



8 comments:
Stories like these are the reason we love you two! You can have my ding dong anytime...er...uh...um...you know what I mean... (Eli shut your mouth.)
hahahahahahahahahahaaaa!! Hilarious! I think that there are several hostess products that would have sounded funny following the phrase "I'll have your..." I like that Eli didn't let it go unnoticed. Too funny!
hahahah - that's so funny, Candace! I love it!! What a brat Eli is to point it out, too, lol.
Once in my photo classes last semester, we were learning about lighting in studios. There are "hot lights" and "strobes" and "flashes." Once we had to go around the class once and say what we learned that day. I get really embarrassed when I say "flash" - I just do. So I was trying to remember to talk about the hot lights instead of the flashes and I said to my male teacher, "I'm glad that you taught me about hot flashes today. I've never really had anyone explain them to me before so this class was really helpful." Aw, geez! Don't you wish you could take things back?? lol
How did your dance calling for it go, by the way? Do you feel alright about it? Did anyone take any pictures?
Also - I really like your new header :) That's cute.
One last thing!! I think that you're very brave to carpool with people who you don't really know very well! We probably would have just driven ourselves, lol.
baa haa hua ha hua. Eli you rock! It makes me so glad that to hear these stories. I would have never let Mo get away with that either. I'm just glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that way... Too funny.
Ha! Honestly, that sounds EXACTLY like something I'd say (and Mike would look at me the same way). Dang it....why can't we think a little more before those come out? :) It's okay when people know you, but when you're new (and in the temple no less), it's a bit more challenging!!
LOL!!! This was such a Killer story!! I am still giggling! It is so Candace to be so cute and funny!! You are awesome!
I'm laughing so hard my kids are asking me why I'm crying! Love it!
Post a Comment