Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th in Mt. Pleasant

It's become a bit of a tradition to go to my parents cabin in Mt. Pleasant over the 4th.  We go to the parade, the rodeo and the fireworks - which oddly enough they do over the cemetery.  I didn't get any pictures at the rodeo but it poured rain and thundered and lightened for about 30 minutes, myself, Eli and my mom stuck it out with a blanket over our heads.  We're glad we did too, I think the storm was affecting the animals because as the announcer said "they were rank", which made for some exciting saddle bronc riding and bull riding!  We also had some fun creek walking, catching fish (by hand), and golfing.  Here are some pics:

After fishing by hand Eli was soaked so...my mom offered him her bathrobe while his clothes dried, he graciously accepted.  I bet it was a bit breezy! :)

Creek walking in Birch Creek.  A nice side profile of my pregnant belly just starting to show!

Thanks to the all the beaver dams some areas of the creek were quite high, it didn't bother Eli any but I stayed in the shallow parts where I could see the bottom.

Always gotta have one of these shots.

We saw this little girl at the parade and we loved her outfit!  The front of her shirt says "America's #1 Cutie".  We didn't realize her grandma was sitting right next to us, she was probably wondering why this pervert (Eli took the pic) was taking pictures of her grand-daughter.  I'm going to make myself a skirt like that - anybody have some red boots I can borrow?

Me, Dad and Mom soaking up the sun at the Mt. Pleasant parade.  Since there were no kids with us we only ate the candy that got thrown right in our laps - pretty lazy huh!?!


This is a video of Eli catching fish by hand - I lucked out and got this one one video.  He also caught lizards all weekend - Eli is definitely ALL BOY, I think if we add a girl to the family it'll soften Daddy up or we'll just have a "tomboy" either one is fine with me.  We'll find out for sure in a few more weeks!  The picture below is Eli "bringing out his gayness".

3 comments:

Draper's said...

Look how cute you are!! I love your little prego tummy! Eli is helarious. Fun fourth!

Phipps Family said...

Man you must be laughing all the time with a funny guy like Eli. And you look absolutely adorable with your little teeny tiny tummy. So cute!

Leah said...

Looks like a fun time! I can't wait to hear the news on girl or boy!!