I am such a fun person to be married to for Halloween...okay not really. October is not my month for good health. I've missed many a Halloween celebrations thanks to sicknesses and surgeries. This year was no exception. I got treated for the Swine Flu - whether I actually had it or not is a mystery because they didn't test me, they simply medicated me. I guess better to be safe than sorry at 31 weeks pregnant. So we didn't dress up this year, but we did carve pumpkins.
My pumpkin is on the left and Eli titled it "Inappropriate making out"... I like to think of it as Edward & Bella. Eli's little gremlin guy on the right appears to be doing a blue dart in this photo!! HA HA!
This is as decorative as it gets at our house. All these pumpkins were home grown - even the one that grew antlers.
Eli and his buddy went deer hunting the week before Halloween. I was a little more paranoid than normal to have him be hiking in the mountains
all weekend. So I forced him to let me take his picture (in case I had to show it to Search and Rescue or the news or something). Which of these photos do you think he would have liked best on the five o' clock news? At least I was able to get him to stop being a goof for one picture.
I finished making Owen's Christmas Stocking. The tradition of this stocking goes back to my Great Grandma on my mom's side. She made these for her children, her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. I made one for Eli when we got married, and now here's Owen's. Whether he'll be here for it this Christmas or not is a guess, but with a due date of Dec. 27th I wasn't going to take any chances. It was fun to make anyway and the final product got me even more excited to meet this little guy. Hopefully this is a tradition that will stick around for years to come.
It was Eli's idea to bead around his name. I hope our future children don't have really long names... if they do the "name beading" will be daddy's job!



9 comments:
LOL! I don't know what's more inappropriate - the pumpkin make out scene or the male camel toe!!!! That's a classic Eli!!!
I like the fist pic of Eli. I really love the pumpkins they are very good. Your better than me I didnt carve any pumpkins this year.
You guys are professional pumpkin carvers. Don't you want to make Tanner's stocking? He would love it if you did. He also really wants you to bead around his name.
Awesome pumkins! And I love the stocking! I feel like such a slacker because Isaac is here and I haven't even thought about a stocking for him. :)
Good job on the stocking & pumpkins! Thanks for always bringing a smile to my face. I'm glad Eli didn't get lost in the woods...or am I? :)
I'm glad you were so prepared with Eli leaving - it made me laugh because it sounds like something I would do. So sorry to hear you've been sick - that's so hard to be prego and sick (I was sick about this same time last year!) Darling stocking - you'll have to stick him in it and take some photos when he arrives (whether it's before or after or on Christmas, it'll be close enough!)
I love the Christmas stalking. I wish I would have made those for all my kids. I loved mine. I love your photo at the top of your blog! Take care of yourself and that baby, I can't wait to meet him!
It was so fun to see you at the baby shower! You are possibly the cutest prego girl I have ever seen! Also we loved the pumpkins and the stocking is adorable!
You guys are hilarious. You must laugh all the time together. Sorry I can't make your shower..for obvious reasons, but I will be home for two weeks in December and will try to stop by and see your little man. Good luck with everything. I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment