It was 4 years ago, Conference weekend, that Eli proposed to me in the mountains of Fairview. Every year we take a ride down there to see the fall leaves. Here are some pics from then and now.
THEN (2005):
This is the actual bridge that Eli proposed to me on. Sadly it's no longer there so these pool of leaves doesn't happen any more. See all the garbage flying in the air in the upper left hand corner of this picture...?
It was thanks to my Dad's artistic touch! :) Didn't turn out quite like he'd imagined but we have a lot of pictures that look like we have leaves being hurled at us!! HA HA
Homecoming at the U of U, I think this was the week before he proposed, and just so happens to be the last time I did the Alumni Dance. I really wanted to do it this year, but my basketball size belly wouldn't allow it.
NOW (2009):
This is a pic taken from the cabin deck. Can you spot the red tree?
After Eli proposed we took an early morning ride up Skyline to bugle elk, take some pics, and carve our names into some trees. This one reads: Eli Loves Candace and off to the side he carved a ring and wrote Oct 2005.
27 weeks pregnant with Owen!
Clear blue sky and a lot of golden trees.... beautiful country!
This was Eli cooperating with me, at least that's what he called it. I asked him to stick his head out the car window and smile, he cooperated half way.
This is the first U of U homecoming game I've been to since 2005. We sat right next to the band. I think I lost a lot of hearing those 4 years on Crimson Line standing next to the drum line, and I find myself right next to them again. They sounded great though, so it was fun.
The Alumni Crimson Line. When you can't dance the next best thing is to be a spectator.
This took me back, GO UTES!



5 comments:
I am so glad you pested pics of your belly!! You are the super cutest pregnant girl!!
Fun! I love "then and now" pics :) Your tummy is cute, Candace! I feel like I'm as big as you are and I'm 22 weeks, hahaha.
Btw, where do you buy your maternity clothes at? It's so hard to find cute stuff (and really anything)!! Gap used to have a maternity section when they were at South Towne but they closed up shop at that location last year or something, I found out. Super bummer.
We are so excited for you guys! It will be so fun to see what little Owen looks like...
The fall trees look beautiful.. Things are just starting to change up here.
Hi Candace!!!
Remember me, Tricia Bliss? I found you on Nikki's blog. You look so good and it is so fun to see pics of your fam. Congratulations!!!
Hey, I just found your blog. Cute "old" pictures. Your hair seems like 5 times redder back then, why is that?
Post a Comment