My little five-year-old dance class sometimes feels like it's going to be the death of me... but other times I love it and they make me laugh a lot.
Due to a recent illness I showed up to dance class without make-up and probably looking a little like death still. About 10 minutes into class we were all sitting in a circle stretching and little Madison says all disgusted "What's wrong with your face?" And sweet Carson quickly shushes her by whispering loudly, "She doesn't have any make-up on!"
Then the next week in class I was teaching them a kickline. I got them all set up with arms on each others shoulders, I was just about ready to teach them the kick sequence when they all start giggling and wiggling... It took me a minute to realize what was going on. They were all tickling each others armpits. Even though I was angry because I wanted their attention I couldn't help but laugh. I pictured the U of U Crimson Line or the Utah Jazz Dancers doing this... we would have looked pretty ridiculous and those coaches would have been irate! But when you're five, it's just too darn cute.
I love teaching dance to the little ones because they always remind me to enjoy the simple things in life.



3 comments:
I didn't know you taught a five year old class? I have been searching to put Callie somewhere new. She just happens to be five! Will you e-mail me info?
Glad you finally got your blog fixed. I guess it wasn't the ugly pictures causing the problem after all.
Love it!! I love the sweetness of kids. When I was pregant with Max my dancers called me Santa Claus. At least you know what they are really thinking:)
Post a Comment