Monday, October 13, 2008

NEW YORK

I've been meaning to post about my trip to New York but on the plane ride over there my friend Monique let me borrow her copy of the first book in the Twilight Series. I've spent every free moment of the last two weeks reading them and I finished the series yesterday. I almost cried. I wasn't ready to let the Cullens go. So now I'm reading the Edward Version on the authors website. You could say I got a little obsessed with the books, I put off doing dishes or any type of cleaning for those two weeks. I of course took time out to eat because I rarely pass up a meal! Eli read bits and pieces of the book with me and I would fill him in on the other parts. So he rolls his eyes at me now with my newest comment...whenever Eli does anything gross or rude I say in a very serious tone... "Edward would never do that." HA!

So now that I've cried my tears over the Cullens I can post about my trip to New York. Thanks to Mo's mom for letting us crash in her hotel room - otherwise I never could have afforded to go. Monique and I did everything we'd planned to. Our main reason for going was to take dance classes. We took 5 classes from Broadway Dance Center. We took ballet, jazz, two hip-hop classes and a breakin' class. The last was by far my favorite. Our teacher Ms. Vee called me and Mo her "Jazzerino's". We weren't really dressed for breakin' so we stuck out a bit. But she said she was really impressed with our skills and she was a great teacher - I'd take her class any day. The hip hop classes were way fun but most interesting is that we learned how to incorporate a gun into each dance and how to bury whoever we killed in one of the dances. It was late night class and we were with the kids from the ghetto for sure! We also saw the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Central Park, the Broadway show Wicked, Canal street (and yes I went into the back rooms to take a peak at the good stuff but I didn't buy anything, I just wanted the experience), and we did the double decker bus tour to see it all. As if five hour and a half dance classes were not enough! We were tuckered out by the end. We did all that in 3 days. Here's some pics to enjoy.

0 comments: