Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day - Literally!

We took advantage of the labor day weekend and worked our tooshes off! We wore ourselves out, but felt better than ever having accomplished what we did. We built a fence, tiled a shower and the bathroom floor, made salsa, jam and bread. And we had only 1 trip to the Dr's office :)

Eli built his own saw horse to help with cutting...


He finally got to the bathroom that he demolished in February... new shower, new floor.









While Eli was busy I was in the kitchen making salsa, plum jam and zuchinni bread... Actually Eli did help with the plum jam and my cute 13-year-old neighbor Hannah offered to help with some Salsa. She was either having a serious craving for salsa or decided that I'm not all that bad to hang out with. Eli thinks it was the craving. :)






We only had one accident...Eli sliced open his pinky finger while cleaning up the tile late Saturday night. We waited until morning to go to an InstaCare - they would have done stitches but it had been more than 8 hours so they just wrapped it and told him to treat it like stitches. He was still a pretty happy camper - Say CHEESE!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Your jam and salsa are delicious! I mentioned to Darrell "I didn't know Candace knew how to can!" I should have figured since it's in your name! :)

Draper's said...

You guys are awesome. Way to go the shower and canning looks great!

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a great labor day weekend. Too bad I didn't make any plum jam and salsa because that sounds good. Eli made the shower looks awesome! And it will look even more awesome with the European door!

Phipps Family said...

Wow, I wish Brandon was as handy around the house as Eli. Lucky you!

Carrie, Ryan, Logan and Caden said...

Candace, we grew up in the same house and I never learned how to do these things. What gives? I always said you were mom's favorite. Oh, wait. I never wanted to do these things. Can I have some salsa?

J McQuivey said...

Wow. It looks awsome. Could I get my name on the list. I have a few unfinished "honey dos" that Joel turns in to "honey does nots".