Friday, August 15, 2008

The Culprit


The door to our spare bedroom is always closed, as is the vent because we don't use it. For the last month and a half it has smelled like a skunk. I thought for sure I would find something dead in there, so I searched the entire room and found nothing. I walked around the outside of the house and still nothing, not even a hint of skunk stench. Then one day Eli said..."It's the hat". I said, "No way, it's not the hat!" So I decided to just leave the door and the vent open and see if it would go away. For the most part it worked, so then I went back to closing the door and the smell came back. Then last Sunday before church Eli insisted it was the hat, so I said "Fine let's move the hat into another room and close the door while we're at church". We got home from church that day, walked into the other room and sure enough it smelled like skunk!! It was the hat! Yuck huh?!?! I'm not sure if it's the glue they used or the material or what, all I know is I couldn't smell it while we were in Mexico, and Febreze doesn't even touch the smell. The hat is going to have to move into the garage.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That thing is probably a bad luck omen! You had such a hard time with it in the airport, now this!

That hat has got a lot of stink! :)

Maybe vinegar could do the trick. :)

Carrie, Ryan, Logan and Caden said...

You should hide the hat under Mom and Dad's bed just for fun;)

Draper's said...

That is so funny!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! What is your email address? I am changing our blog to private...

D-Crew said...

Hey Candace!! I am loving your story!! That is hilarious!! Looks like you guys had a blast down there!! Good to see how things are going for you!! Have a good one!