Monday, June 30, 2008

A New Edition To The McQueen Family

It's been a long time coming... but we finally got Eli's deer back from the taxidermist. Eli shot this buck last August on the archery hunt in the Book Cliffs and we just got the mount back this weekend. After several discussions of me telling Eli he was not allowed to hang it in the front room it finally ended up in his "office" on the wall opposite his Javelina. Now I have a buck and a javelina who like to watch me type. YIKES! The buck is a bit nicer to look at...it's antlers are still in the velvet. Good Hunt'n Eli!

6 comments:

Draper's said...

Wow! You are the nicest wife. Way to go Eli!

Heather said...

Remind me never to enter your office... :)

Draper's said...

Eli, that honey turned out awesome! It's my year though. I need one on my wall. I'm jumping in on the bow hunt this year so we'll see. Talk to ya soon. Matt

Sara said...

Maybe the two will become friends on the wall. At least you don't sleep in the office - I'd hate waking up with all those eyes staring at me in the middle of the night!

p.s. vegas looked like fun - and I think your hair looks really cute!

Leah said...

The office is a nice compromise...Of course it would have been nice to hang it in the front room so it could greet your guests. :)

Carrie, Ryan, Logan and Caden said...

I told Eli to let you win this time so that the next animal he shoots can hang above your head. I hear he is hoping for a moose tag. I will have to drop by so the boys can see the bodyless animals on your wall. Caden will be confused.