On Sunday Eli and I went with the Young Men and Young Women to Music And The Spoken Word. I really enjoyed myself. I can't believe that I live in Utah and I've never taken the opportunity to do that. From Memorial Day to Labor Day they broadcast from the Conference Center because of all the tourists. It was fun being a part of the live studio audience. The music was absolutely beautiful. They saved the best for last though. There was a 95 year old woman from Florida who is Episcopalian and she said her one wish was to go see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. A complete stranger read the article and decided she wanted to make that happen for this woman...and she did. They rolled her up there in her wheel chair to have the choir sing "God be with you til we meet again". The woman sang along with them with tears in her eyes. It made me teary eyed. I thought it was so sweet. I was touched by the generosity of a stranger and the fact that this Episcopalian women loved the Mormon Choir so much. That has been my moment of the week. For those of you who live in Utah and haven't taken the opportunity to go to Music and The Spoken Word...it's well worth it.
PICKLE!
12 years ago



2 comments:
I have never gone. We will have to go. Thanks for the suggestion. MO
I remember my first time going - it was when we had family in town. I was pretty surprised at how good it was too! That's a fun thing to go do!
Post a Comment