Thursday, January 19, 2012

BABY BROTHER!!

WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE BOY!!!!!


How I told Eli: I took a pregnancy test one Sunday morning while Eli was in the shower. Owen woke up right after so I ran in and told him my little secret... that he was going to be a big brother. Then I kept it to myself for about the next 45 minutes. This was our conversation on the way to church:

Eli: What day is it?
Me: Sunday, October 9th 2011, a good day to find out your pregnant!
Eli: What does that mean?
Me: It means I'm pregnant!
Eli: But what does that mean?
Me: It means I have a baby in my belly.
Eli: But what, what... I mean....
Me: Me looking at him incredulously
Eli: (Finally able to blurt out his real question) WHEN?
Me: Oh! June!

Needless to say Eli was surprised/shocked. We told our parents after our 10 week ultrasound. We had Owen wear a "Big Bro" t-shirt and just let them figure it out. We told the rest of my family at Thanksgiving dinner with the t-shirt again and Eli just called the rest of his family to let them know.

I think it's fair to say Owen has mixed emotions about this new little baby. Most nights when I'm singing to him he all the sudden wants to hug the baby in my belly and talk about it. I took him to a Dr's appt. and let him know we we're going to hear the baby's heart beat and what it would sound like. When he actually heard it he was so excited he kept saying ""More baby!" and then when the Dr. left he kept saying "More Baby! More Doctor!". Then just yesterday we took him with us to the ultrasound to find out the sex. When the technician handed him his own picture of his baby brother he kissed it!

On the other hand, before we knew what I was having we'd always quiz Owen to see if he knew what it was. When asked if it was a boy/girl he would reply with "No! Owen Baby!" When asked if he was going to have a baby brother or a baby sister he replied with "No brothers! No sisters! Just cousins!"

We're very excited for this little boy to come into our family!!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is so exciting!!!

Phipps Family said...

Congratulations! You already made one perfect, darling little boy so I can't wait to see the baby brother!

Draper's said...

Yay!! Boys are awesome!!!

Jamie said...

That's great news! How fun to have another boy--will he have red hair, I wonder.