Sunday, February 3, 2013

Owen's Quest for Treasure

Last July, Everett wasn't quite a month old yet and I was a very sleepy Mommy.  I had laid down on Owen's bed to try and get him to take a nap with me,  which I knew was an impossible task... Owen stopped taking naps right around his 2nd birthday.  But I thought I'd give it a chance because I was so tired.  I quickly fell right to sleep.... for a total of 15 minutes.  Owen, like any other 2 1/2 year old would do, went on an adventure in the house...
I woke up to find my self surrounded by all of these items:  A "Treasure Chest", a movie, 3 bottles of perfume, a pearl necklace, a watch, a camera, headphones, fruit snacks and carmex.  All items that I recognized from my dresser... 
I went to my room and caught Owen retrieving the box for the pearl necklace.  He knew he'd been caught but immediately forget any worries about being in trouble when he remembered he'd found "treasure".  He excitedly told me "Mama!  I found the treasure!  We need the key, it's in your purse!"
Owen had found my "Girl's Treasure chest" that I had bought on vacation at the Grand Canyon years ago.  It holds old hospital bracelets, concert tickets and other sentimental stuff.  But in Owen's sweet little two year old mind he had found gold during Mama's 15 minute nap!       

1 comments:

Leah said...

Too funny what a busy little boy can accomplish in a few minutes! He is too cute!